The Katonah Village Library welcomes volunteers over 12 years of age from throughout the community, for projects ranging from one-time help with a mailing to long-term commitments. Volunteers are able to acquire new skills, expand their social horizons, serve in their own town, keep up with the latest books, and help and be appreciated for it. We appreciate your gift of time, whatever it may be, and will work with you to make your volunteer experience worthwhile.
Here are some of the ways that adult volunteers can help at the library:
- Staff the library on Sundays from autumn to late spring so we can be open
- Keep the book shelves organized
- Organize and staff the Library Book Sale
- Perform clerical tasks or help with mailings for library fund-raising events
- Serve as computer aides to help library patrons learn computer basics and how to use other electronic devices like e-readers, i-Pads, i-Phones, etc.
Teens are needed year-round to assist the Children’s Librarian with programs and keeping their dedicated library spaces organized.
Interested in helping? Get in touch!
• Adult volunteers please call 914-232-3508, email or drop in.
• To contact the Children’s Librarian, please call 914-232-1233, email or drop in.
• Teens interested in volunteering should call 914-232-3508 or contact us via email.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!